1979 Township Drive
Marlboro, NJ 07746
732-536-0100  •  Directions
Dial 9-1-1 for Emergencies


Printer-friendly version

Where is the Marlboro Police Department located?

The Police Department is located at 1979 Township Drive, Marlboro, New Jersey. The entrance to the Marlboro Municipal Complex is located off of Wyncrest Road between the Marlboro Recreation Building and the road split of Wyncrest Road and School Road. (Marlboro Jewish center is on the corner of the split)  Drive past the little brown building and head toward the Township Offices and Justice Center on the right hand side.

For further information call (732) 536-0100.

What phone number do I call to reach the Police Department and Municipal offices?


Non- Emergency Police Communications



Dial 9-1-1

Marlboro Township Offices


Recreation Department


Records Bureau

732-536-0100 ext. 1572

Records Bureau Hours

Mon thru Friday - 8:30am – 4:00pm

Municipal Court/Violations


Police Traffic / Safety


A complete list of Marlboro Police contacts can be found here.

How do I obtain copies of police reports ?

Police reports are available five (5) business days after the report has been taken. Reports are available at the Records Division, inside the Justice Center, Monday-Friday from 8:30am-4:00pm. The Records Division is closed on all Federal and State holidays. Please call (732) 536-0100 (Ext. 1572) to be sure that your report is available prior to making your trip. There is a cost for all reports according to the type of report and its length. Ask the Records Division clerks when you call.

Requests for certain police reports and investigative reports may be denied under OPRA requests and are reviewed by police prior to release.  Questions on OPRA may be answered by (clicking here)

 How can I leave a Tip for the Police?

  • Go to the Home Page and click on "Anonymous Tip/E-mail Line"
  • Call 888-536-1010 for our phone tip line


I receive calls from solicitors requesting donations for various police related associations. Are these legitimate? Should I donate to these solicitors?

The Marlboro Police Department does not solicit over the telephone. The Police Department has two unions PBA Local #196 and FOP Lodge #15. The only solicitation done from the Police Department or PBA Local 196 is through the mail, usually once annually. Calls from all other "law enforcement" organizations are done by telemarketing firms. These solicitations, DO NOT benefit the Marlboro Police Department or PBA Local 196 in any way. These telemarketers are not Police Officers and use high pressure tactics to get you to participate.

We urge you to use extreme caution should you decide to contribute to these agencies. The only organization making money from these solicitations is the telemarketing firm. If you decide to contribute to any of these organizations, always ask for the name, address and telephone number so that you may call back after careful consideration. Most of them will not give out this information. You may also ask for financial statements and/or budget information prior to making your decision. If you have any questions please direct them to the Police Department.

Can I leave my vehicle parked in the street overnight if snow is predicted for the nighttime?

Parking in the roadway is prohibited by township ordinance during any type of snowfall, so that the proper snow clean up crews can plow the streets and roadways. Please make sure every effort is taken to keep all vehicles off the roadways during times of inclement weather.

Who do I call to report problems with neighbors regarding property and/or zoning disputes?

Any civil disputes of this nature should be referred to the Zoning or Engineering Departments (732) 536-0200. The Police Department does not get involved in these types of civil matters.

Does the Police Department concentrate on certain roadways where speeding vehicles are a problem?

Yes. The Police Department's Traffic Division handles these complaints and problem areas. Police units are assigned to enforcement details in areas where traffic problems have been determined to exist. If you have a specific complaint, please refer it to the Traffic/Safety unit at 732-536-0304

Is the use of headlights required when it is raining?

Yes. If you are using your wipers to clear precipitation from your windshield, you must have your headlights on.

How do I obtain a Domestic Violence Restraining Order?

During business hours (Monday-Friday) 8:30-3:30pm (Holidays excluded) should be applied for at the Family Divison of the Monmouth County Courthouse.

Under emergent circumstances, after hours, contact the police department at 732-536-0100 for assistance. 

What should I do if I see a crime occuring?

  • Call 911 immediately.
  • Be observant and make mental notes.
  • Are there any weapons involved?
  • What is the address?
  • Any physical characteristics such as height, weight, race, beard, or scars?
  • Any clothing description?
  • How many people involved?
  • Are the persons involved on foot or in a vehicle?

 Do I have to give my name when I call 911?

If you wish to remain anonymous or keep information confidential just tell the operator.

 I think I have a warrant for my arrest. How do I find out?

You may contact the Marlboro Township Municipal Court-Violations Bureau at (732) 536-0300 (Monday-Friday from 9:00am-4:30pm) . You will be asked a series of questions and a Court Officer will search the records for you.

 Do I need to register my home/business alarm?

Yes,  all alarm systems must be registered with the Marlboro Township Police Department.  Alarm registration forms can be located under the "Download Forms" tab on the Home page or by clicking (click here). See alarm Ordinance No. 2009-33 (click here).

 Where can I find auctions for Marlboro Police/Marlboro Township used equipment and vehicles?

Auctions including vehicles and computers can be located on GovDeals.com.  

Social Media Policy



T and U Visa Certification

The Marlboro Township Police Department complies with the New Jersey Attorney General's Rules regarding 2018-6, The Immigration Trust Directive