Marlboro Township Police – Internships
For information call 732-536-5432
Or email: Sgt. Darren Vuzzo, Ph.D 
**Please note that the internship program with the Marlboro Police Department is currenly in review for 2013 and will be available dependent upon manpower.
The College Law Enforcement Internship Program is run by the Administrative Bureau. Prior to the start of any Internship Program, the individual must be sponsored by an institution of higher education or an approved vocational training facility and meet the following set of requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older, unless waived by the Chief of Police.
- Be a resident of Marlboro Township, unless waived by the Chief of Police.
- Have no criminal history.
- Have no past record with Marlboro Township.
- Have available transportation.
- Be of good character.
All prospective interns shall appear before the Administrative Captain or his/her designee and be prepared to be interviewed for suitability to this program. The candidate shall supply the Supervisor with the following:
- An up to date resume.
A letter from the institution or training facility which shall include:
- Student’s enrollment status.
- The number of hours needed.
- The name of the course.
- Learning expectations of the student.
- Signature and telephone number of the instructor or Dean of the Institution or training facility.
- A copy of the insurance plan (rider) from the institution or training facility stating what coverage they carry on the student. It should indicate the name of the insurance company, the policy number and the amount of coverage.
No more than two eligible interns will be accepted for the same time period and the selection shall be on a first come first serve basis, unless modified by the Chief of Police.
Once the candidate has been accepted into the program, he/she will be briefed on procedures, dress code,requirements for completing the program and any other information which may be helpful to the intern. A routine Internship Program shall be 120 hours. In some instances, this figure may be higher depending onthe requirements of the sponsoring institution. Finally, all interns shall be required to sign a Confidentiality Statement Form.
The Marlboro Township Police Department is proud to offer an internship program that will accommodate students in attaining their educational goals within criminal justice.
If you are a student or learning institution with any questions on the Marlboro Township Police Department Internship Program please contact Sgt. Darren Vuzzo, Ph.D at 732-536-5432.