For information call 732-536-0100 Ext. 1432
Or email: Firearms@Marlboropd.org 
FIREARMS PURCHASE & FINGERPRINTING
All gun purchases in the State of New Jersey require a Firearms Identification Card. This card is issued by the Police Department and allows the holder to purchase rifles and shotguns. Each purchase of a handgun requires a separate Firearms Permit which can be obtained from the link below. A Firearms Permit and Firearms Identification Card will not be issued to any person:
- Who has been convicted of a crime.
- Who is drug dependent as defined by State Statute (C24:21-2).
- Who suffers from a physical impairment or disease which would make it unsafe to handle firearms or to a person who has been confined for mental disorders without a certificate from a medical doctor or psychiatrist licensed by the State of New Jersey.
- Under the age of 18.
- Where the issuance would not be in the interest of the public safety or welfare.
- Click here for directions and forms:
- Applications for Firearms Identification Cards and Firearms Permits /marlboropolice/FIREARMS%20APPLICATIONS%20LINK%20finished.pdf 
- Fingerprinting is required and can only be done by “Idento by MorphoTrust USA” (State Vendor).
- Only file the 212A after you have already been issued a Firearms ID Card (see page 4 of the Application link).
Please call 732-536-0100 ext. 1432 to schedule an appointment to have your application reviewed.
If you have any further questions please visit the NJ State Police website at: